Saturday, July 2, 2011

It's been awhile since I have been on here. I went to meet my new counselor last Wednesday! It was great! Praise God I felt very comfortable with her right away. She helped me reflect on life and the things from my past. It hasn't been perfect, but each moment good and bad have helped create me into the person I am today. On Thursday I went to visit my work kids. We had a great time pretending to be at a circus. I loved all the hugs and kisses. They drive me everyday to help myself. I can't wait to see them again.

After a nap I headed to Houston for a long weekend. My parents are out of town so I am the one in charge of the little ones. Its always great to be with them. We went swimming this morning and had a picnic lunch. Afterwards I went into their rooms. Crazy unorganized mess. So with their help we cleaned both their rooms They kept saying thank you. I am so proud of them. They were thankful and willingly to help with complaining. I am so proud of them. After watching a quick movie. I told them I needed a nap, they could nap or play something quite. They did it. I thanked them for giving me that time. 

At work I have learned to give my kids choices and tell them what is okay and want isnt. So why not do it with my siblings. It would help them be more successful and feel proud of what they can do. So here we are. We are working together to help them feel more responsible, committed, and  successful. So this is the start. They now of Job charts too. When I return home, I will be making them job charts for my house too. So they always know what they are to do.

I am one very proud sister. In the middle of trying to help myself, I am learning, we all need a little help from others and its okay to ask and receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment