Saturday, October 13, 2012

Change

I know I use the word change a lot. Seems to me such a simple word yet so hard for people to actually do. We can say oh tomorrow, oh next week, oh next year I will change this or that. Yet just like new year resolutions they are gone probably before the words come out of our mouth. I will admit, there are things i say that never happen and its a daily struggle to do what i say I will. Its something I need to work on, i pray for it often. So whats stopping you? motivation? time? knowledge? a partner? I found one way was to write it down, pray about it and then tell a friend. This helps because your friend can help encourage you, give you advice and God can open doors if it is something it wants you to do.


So what got me started on this you ask? Well its 2012 an election year. Time of year were people either come together or bash each other. I do not believe in bashing or talking about politics. Yet I will say this. Its not just one person that is to blame for the things that happen in our nation. There are many people that help the President to make the best choices while he is in office. I will not talk about which party I like best because i don't feel comfortable with that. I will say this, the TV or even a person you know may not be the person to get your facts from. I would encourage you to seek out the right place or people for information. Not just someones opinion. You have the freedom and free will to make your own choices. So use that right and make sure you come up with your own opinion. It may match someone elses. But you know why you agree with that person and not just because they said it. Anyways I am getting off that subject.

So one of the real reasons i started writing this post. How many people with insurance has been down to Ben Taub? or LBJ? I never fully understood what people with no insurance did to get healthcare. It wasnt until last year that i got a reality check. My best friend was diagnosed with Melanoma to watch her struggle to get doctors and nurses to listen and help was sometimes impossible. Sometimes nurses were rude to her and others. Treatments were delayed and the cancer kept growing. Now its all over her body and she is in the hospital to receive treatment because they ball was dropped. This isnt just her. this is several people. Its sad that even those who have voices cant be heard. They are sick and need help and sometimes they are not blessed with a doctor who cares or will answer the phone. This needs to change and people. Open your eyes America. Its time for change. things may not be perfect. but we need to start somewhere and we can change things as we go. I dont know how to help change it myself. But i will keep praying and hoprfully someone out there hears the voices of the poor and sick and together we can join together to help everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment